Permanent Full-time | Salary: $54,867 | Hamilton, ON
The Employment Coordinator will utilize case management and job development skills to work with individuals on creating individualized action plans to overcome barriers to employment and assist with reaching employment goals.
The Employment Coordinator will apply appropriate interviewing and employment counselling skills, connect clients to permanent jobs through job development activities, and collaborate with employers and other programs and resources to meet the needs of the client.
- Conduct assessments to understand clients’ employment-related strengths, needs, abilities, skills, and other relevant employment-related factors to support the development of an Individualized Employment Action Plan (EAP),
- Provide pre-employment assistance through vocational advice, job search training, skill development, work preparation and other activities outlined in their EAP,
- Support clients with awareness, navigating, and referrals to community resources for additional supports needed to improve their job readiness,
- Continually surveying the local job market to identify and pursue suitable employment opportunities directly with employers on behalf of clients,
- Build and maintain positive employer relationships through job development activities.
- Assist the client and/or employer to resolve issues that may impact the client’s ability to maintain employment, and identify and arrange for any accommodations and supports necessary,
- Provide services in a welcoming and professional manner, and ensure Client confidentiality,
- Participate in the hosting of community and employer events such as at job fairs,
- Manage a challenging workload while working to meet KPIs,
- Deliver services in line with PATH guidelines, policies, procedures, and performance requirements,
- Use designated databases (FedcapCARES & CaMS) to ensure all documentation is accurate, up to date and submitted within set timeframes,
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g. career development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, sociology, human services, counselling or human resources management). Career Development Practitioner Certificate an asset.
- 2 years of experience in career counselling, job development, or relevant social service roles
Skills & Knowledge:
- In depth knowledge of employment issues regarding persons with disabilities and individuals with complex barriers to employment,
- Knowledge of the Hamilton labour market, community resources, government programs including income support, job search techniques, career development and issues relating to unemployment,
- Relevant legislation including accessibility, human rights, employment standards, privacy,
- Excellent facilitation skills, problem-solving and time management skills,
- High degree of tact and diplomacy,
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills,
- Excellent English communication skills both oral and written,
- Excellent documentation and report writing skills.
- provide support in a manner that is relationship building, facilitative, professional, and competent,
- conduct needs assessments, identify barriers, and facilitate support to influence positive outcomes,
- provide a range of assessments, pre-employment supports, job development activities, workplace assessment and accommodations support, job coaching and job retention troubleshooting,
- write case notes, and maintain case management standards while meeting targets and deadlines,
- manage a challenging workload through prioritization and effective time management,
- proficiently use MS Office, Outlook, and web browsers,
- represent PATH with a high level of personal integrity and professionalism,
- use designated databases (FedcapCARES & CaMS) proficiently,
- work independently and in a team environment,
- have access to reliable transportation.
Criminal record check is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your Resume and Cover letter to
PATH is committed to accessibility and will provide accommodation for people with disabilities in all parts of our hiring process.